What is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy is a guide for the manipulation of soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments) to enhance a person’s fitness and well-being. There are dozens of types of massage remedy techniques (also called modalities).
People are seeking massage remedies for a multitude of reasons – to reduce pressure and anxiety, relax muscle groups, rehabilitate injuries, reduce pain, and promote basic health and wellbeing. At Zion Spa, you aren’t going to a massage school – you are entering into the care of a professional who offers massage therapy.
There are numerous kinds of massages. Two essential classes of massages are:
Relaxation Massage – also called Swedish massage; practiced in settings like spas, wellness facilities and hotels.
Rehabilitative Massage – also known as deep tissue, medical, therapeutic or clinical massage; practiced in many settings like clinics, hospitals and chiropractic places of work.
Zion Spa is located at the corner of Midway and Alpha in Dallas Texas (13500 Midway Road Suite 212).
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: median pay, job outlook, job duties, work environments
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA): career guidance, advocacy, industry research
- AMTA Massage Therapy Industry Fact Sheet: industry outlook and growth projections
- AMTA Massage Therapy Position Statement: conditions that massage therapy can address or alleviate
- Associated Bodywork & Massage Professional (ABMP): student success guide, practice support for members
- Massagetherapy.com: what is massage therapy, becoming a massage therapist, massage schools
- Professional licensure