12 Simple Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Underarm Skin
One of the least discussed and most neglected aspects of personal hygiene, especially when it comes to men, your underarm skin needs as much care as your face, hair and beard! A lot of men avoid sporting tank tops and vests because of that ugly dark patch under their arms. A dirty armpit is the biggest turn off there can be in a man, honestly. So, read on as we tell you 12 simple ways you can keep your underarms fresh and clean.
1. Grate a slice of potato and extract the juice. Apply it on your armpits and let it dry for 10 minutes. Rinse. Repeat this every day.
2. Extract cucumber juice. Add some lemon squeeze and turmeric powder to it. Apply that paste. Wash after half an hour.
3. Rub a slice of lemon on your armpits twice a day. Lemon makes the skin lighter and kills germs. But excessive use of lemon juice can also dry up your skin. So, do follow it up with a moisturizer every time.
4. Due to lack of personal hygiene, dead skin cells accumulate making the skin appear darker. Exfoliate it every day using a mix of brown sugar and virgin olive oil.
5. You can also use pumice stone to remove the dead skin cells, but don’t go too rough as the underarm skin can be sensitive to abrasions.
6. Make a paste of milk, rose water and dried orange peel powder and leave the paste on for about 20 minutes.
7. You can also use a bleaching agent to make your armpit skin lighter in appearance by mixing baking soda with rose water.
8. Apply coconut oil on your armpits before bathing. The Vitamin E will help lighten the skin.
9. A thick paste of gram flour and yogurt also works wonders.
10. Avoid using deodorants directly onto your underarms. It causes darkening of skin.
11. Shaving or trimming doesn’t remove underarm hair completely which makes them look darker than the rest of your body. If waxing hurts too much, use a hair removal cream after you’ve shaved or trimmed your underarm hair.
12. Wear the right kind of clothes. It is summers and the friction caused between your skin and the fabric might just add to the darkening, along with sweating. Wear loose, comfortable clothes that let your skin breathe.
Photo: © Niveamen (dot) com (Main Image)