10 Women Reveal That One Grooming Mistake Men Make That Instantly Turn Them Off
As a grooming writer for the past three years, I have seen grooming becoming an integral aspect of a man’s life—a necessity rather than a one-time luxury. I’m not quite sure when this transition came about, but somewhere along the line, men became more aware about style and fashion, and are no longer afraid of it. But can we really extend this conclusion to every man out there? Well, not according to these 10 women who list out some of the grossest grooming mistakes men make that are an instant turn off.
1) “Facial hair. I like a nice beard. I also like a clean-shaven look. I enjoy a nice ironic moustache from time to time. I fucking hate it when it looks like you’ve taken a ruler to map out the pattern of your facial hair. You end up looking like Jafar.”
Like I’ve said before, don’t grow a moustache if you can’t grow one.
2) “Guys, please, please wear deodorant. Also, wash your clothes frequently and wear clean socks. Keep your toenails and fingernails free of dirt (not a manicure, just clean the dirt out). And for the love of Christ, wash your hands before you finger me or put them in my mouth for simulated fellatio! I love playing with you, but I don’t want your nasty fucking hands all inside of me if you haven’t washed them.”
Well, that escalated quickly!
3) “Invest in a nose hair trimmer. Since you are typically taller than us you don’t always recognize the state of our nasal hair as easily as we do.”
4) “Brush your teeth AND YOUR TONGUE. Hairy balls? At least, manscape them a bit. Also, if your fingernails are as long or longer than mine, that is a total turn off.”
And while we are at it, groom your body hair as well. Don’t shave, don’t wax, just trim them.
5) “Not bodily grooming but…wash your sheets at least once a fortnight. Nobody wants to get down in dank sheets.”
One of the most often overlooked hygiene habits. Change your sheets especially if you’re suffering from bacne (and/or) acne.
6) “Gross skin hanging off their lips. Use a lip balm overnight when nobody is going to see it, if you are so scared someone’s going to judge your
masculinity. It’s better than looking at your mouth fraying like aida fabric.”
Admit it, that grossed you out a little bit too, no?
7) “CUT YOUR FINGERNAILS. Nobody wants you to try and finger them when your nails are long. YUCK. Also, if WE have to shave, YOU DO TOO. Shave your pubic hair.”
Once bitten, twice shy.
8) “Too much gel. Having hard hair that looks greasy and wet is never a good look for guys. Plus, you can’t even play with their hair!”
I agree, that’s quite a travesty!
9) “Neck beards on a purely cosmetic level. More seriously: Please, please, please clean all of your ‘nooks and crannies’ if you are expecting me to put my face (or anything else) anywhere near them.”
A very valid point, guys.
10) “I don’t like it when guys have facial hair that’s sculpted into fancy moustaches and crazy shapes.”
In case you’re wondering how to style your facial hair this year, these are the styles that are going to be huge.